6 years, 9 months and 1 day left. Time for a quick recap and… a change or two.
Category I: Never Grow Up (Well, Maybe A Little)
- Create a board game
Catch snowflakes on my tongue
I can’t remember ever doing this. I know! Appalling, right?(15/01/2015)
- Fly a kite again: July 2018, baby!
- Make a snow angel: If only Belgium actually had some decent snow days…
- Make my own lemonade: BE GONE! >> Replacing this with: “Make the perfect lemon ice tea”
- Roast chestnuts/marshmallows in an open fire
- Build a bottle rocket
Get married(14th-18th July 2015)
- Celebrate Father’s day as a father: ticking off this one in June! ^^
Category II: Food, Glorious Food
- Cook a dish made up exclusively of home-grown vegetables – I’m allowing store-bought oil for obvious reasons, but apart from that, I’m going Nigel Slater allotment style!
- Make 20 recipes from 20 different countries:
CHECK! Post on its way!
- Dine at a Michelin-star restaurant
- Cook every dish in a cookbook: Got really into The Mighty Spice Express for a while, then barely looked at it in 2017… Oops!
Category III: Landen, London and Beyond
- See the Northern Lights
Go on a road trip with the Mrs(Malaysia 2016)
Go snorkelling(30th July 2015)
- Visit the birthplace/gravesite of a hero — Haven’t quite decided on the hero just yet.
Leave Europe(22nd July 2015)
Have Balinese chicken wings… in Bali!(Honeymoon – July/August 2015)
My parents have been asking me for my Balinese chicken wing recipe for years now (to no avail). I can’t wait to find out whether actual Balinese wings taste anything like mine…
- Get a diving certificate and go diving somewhere spectacular > Noooot so sure about this one anymore, tbh. Might get axed.
- Visit at least 40 UNESCO World Heritage Sites > Still at 22…
Have a cocktail on a white sandy beach(Honeymoon – July/August 2015)
- Go fossil hunting in Dorset
Category IV: Très You
Attend a Star Wars premiere
The Force Awakens, baby!
- Visit the United States (New York, San Francisco, LA or… Astoria 🙂 )
> My wife and I have made a deal, saying we’ll go to NY before or for my 40th birthday. 😉
- Fix up the greenhouse… or build a new (smaller) one
Get published(31st October 2016)
- Build a bee hotel and/or butterfly house > Axed, as we own both (didn’t build them myself, though). Will have to find a suitable replacement.
- See a live performance of Nessun Dorma, Figaro’s Aria, O Mio Babbino Caro or any other aria I feel strongly about.
- See the Moon (through a BIG telescope)!
- Get a new pet and give it the coolest name ever
- Have a fortune teller tell ALL. 😉
Check! Went to a medium in Ubud. She revealed my purpose in life… Must post!
- Watch Alan Rickman’s complete filmography
Complete a 365 photo challenge(18th July 2016)
Category V: Pushing Boundaries
Be it physical or psychological ones!
- Take a photography course
- Go to a casino and hit the slots
- Lose the [private]
- Sell a piece of art
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve abroad
If you know how much I’ve come to loathe New Year’s Eve, you’ll realise this one is going to take some effort.
- Try 40 new things (big or small; apart from everything else on this list, obviously)
This one might just be my favourite!